Create your LinkedIn Company page
Your company page on LinkedIn is one of the most critical aspects of your presence on the professional networking platform. To maximize the benefits of using LinkedIn to grow your business, it is essential to have an eye-catching company page that clearly represents your business in a meaningful way.
- To create a business company page, you first need to create a company account. However, you don’t need to have a company to create a company page.
- To create a company page, you will also need your company address/location, your name, email address, and website URL.
- Navigate to the top menu in your LinkedIn profile and click on Work. Scroll down to Create a Company Page.
- Create a company update and choose if you want to share your update with just your followers, or the public.
- When you post a company update, a Sponsor Now button will appear, giving you a paid advertising option. This is similar to the ‘boost’ post, you would see on Facebook. You can also access the Campaign Manager through “Work”, which you will find in the top menu.
Tips for creating an engaging company page
Choose an eye-catching banner
The first thing that most customers will see on your profile is the banner on your company page. That is why it is crucial that the banner you add to your company page is recognizable and effectively branded. Consumers and potential customers will associate a professional-looking banner with a high-quality company page that provides useful information, products, and services.
Analyze your wording
Two of the most significant mistakes that are made to an otherwise healthy company page is the overuse of industry catchphrases and the overuse of standard search terms. To help your page stand out from the competition try to minimize your wordiness as much as possible. For the best results, you need to keep the wording on your page short and concise.
Include a video
In today’s fast-paced world, customers and potential clients might not have the time to spend reading through your profile. Adding a quick 30-second video that summarizes your company and the products or services you offer, could help tremendously in creating an attractive and attention-grabbing company profile.
Keep your company information up-to-date
Many people forget to ensure that their company information is up-to-date. While this should be obvious, you need to make sure that your company contact information is correct, that your company profile and industry match, and that your background information is up-to-date.
Update your page
If you want to attract the attention of prospects and increase your leads, then you have to remain active on LinkedIn. This means you have to provide updates about your company daily and deliver high-quality, value-added content on a regular basis. You should also try to add links to outside resources and take advantage of the blog-style news feed to communicate more efficiently with your audience.
These are just a few of the tips that you can utilize to make sure that your company LinkedIn page attracts the attention of your target audience.