Get Started with Influencer Marketing
Influencer marketing is all about the outreach and foothold you have in your chosen niche. The more you’re able to connect with a specific audience, the easier it will be to land influencer marketing opportunities.
The great thing about influencer marketing is that you don’t need a large following or any previous experience in advertising. You can easily become a well-paid influencer with just a few thousand followers.
If people trust your recommendations and believe you to be an honest and genuine person who wants to help them achieve their goals, the easier it will be for you to participate in influencer marketing campaigns that convert for your clients and partners.
Building the right niche
In order to become an influencer that people want to work with, you need to first choose a profitable niche. Companies and brands want to work with influencers who have secured a foothold in their market, and who have demonstrated that they’re able to connect with a large audience. So, while it may be tempting to venture into multiple niches, if you want to position yourself as a reputable influencer, you’ll want to choose one main market, especially when just starting out. If you’re unsure what niche market is the best one for you, consider your own personal experiences and skills. What are you knowledgeable about? What skills do you possess that others would find useful or helpful ins one way?
Drawing from existing skills is the easiest way to find a niche that you’ll be able to move in quickly with little, if any learning curve involved. It’s also a great idea to choose a niche that you’re passionate about. If you know a lot about a specific topic, chances are people will be interested in learning from you and hearing your own personal stories. If you’re personally interested in a specific subject matter, it’ll also come across in your marketing and communications and people will return to you again and again because your marketing message will resonate with them. So, choose a niche that you want to be known as the go-to person for. Your entire brand will focus around this niche so you’ll want to choose carefully.
Watch the marketing campaigns tips video
Survey the competition
Once you’ve determined what niche market you’re interested in, you’ll want to survey the competition. Analyze the top blogs in that market so you can identify key topics and gauge what people are most interested in, as well as what they’re struggling with. This will help you determine a unique angle for your own brand, so that you’re able to connect with a larger audience of people who are looking for specific information. It will also help you create your own website or blog so that it’s providing content that people are hungry for. Then, take it to social media.
Do your market research
Follow the top influencers in your market on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest. Look at what they’re doing, what kind of topics they’re covering, as well as the type of responses they’re receiving from their existing audience. Market research is an integral part of being able to build a strong Influencer Marketing foundation for your brand, but it also sets the tone for your marketing style and voice. You should also keep an eye out for what topics the competition hasn’t covered yet because this is a great entry point for your own website or social media account.
Gauge the profitability of your niche
Validating a niche is an important step because you don’t want to venture into a market that’s not profitable. You can easily research the profit potential of a niche by evaluating the number of existing products and services being offered in that market. For example, if your niche caters primarily to those who are looking for digital products, such as courses, books or videos, go to the top marketplaces and search for that particular content.
Amazon is a great place to start, especially if you’re interested in a niche that’s information-heavy, such as training programs or guides. YouTube is also an invaluable place in which to conduct quick niche research because you can easily gauge the popularity of a niche just by the number of videos published daily, as well as the number of people subscribed to channels in that market. You’ll also want to research potential keywords in your niche market by using a tool such as the WordStream. When you use a keyword tool to uncover keywords, you’ll be able to determine how many searches are being conducted by active buyers and consumers who use those same keyword strings.
Develop an action plan
Becoming a successful influencer involves creating a plan of action that will take you from beginner-to-pro quickly and easily.
Developing a plan will also help you stay focused while catering to what your audience wants most. Begin my creating a priority list. This would include the top tasks you need to complete in order to establish a foothold in your market and grow a following.
- Create a blog and publish 5-10 posts to boost exposure and give people enough content to encourage them to return.
- Set up social engagement automation using tools like Tailwind that will not only help you keep your accounts active, but will provide you with useful demographic and statistical information that can help shape your content and future campaigns.
- Grow a YouTube channel: Publish one video every week on the same day to create a consistent schedule that subscribers will come to rely on.
- Set up a mailing list account: Connecting with your target audience is a lot easier when you’re able to reach out to them whenever you choose so start building a mailing list right away.
- Your influencer plan should also include specific hashtags that you’ll be targeting throughout your broadcasts and updates. Hashtags will become part of your brand and will help you connect with your key audience. If you’re not sure what hashtags to use, spend some time researching what existing influencers in your market are actively using. Then, create a swipe file of all possible hashtags and vary it up in your messages. You can use the All Hashtag Generator tool to quickly locate popular hashtags in your niche. This is a great way to find hashtags that a great fit for your brand.
- Create a content calendar: Creating a content calendar is also the easiest way to stay focused and on track, but it also helps you generate fresh ideas for new topics, while keeping a pulse on what you’ve already created content around.